When Jen asked if I wanted to be a guest blogger, I jumped at the chance! I have known her for over 10 years and have had the great pleasure of watching her become the amazing, inspiring young woman that she is today. It is so neat that our brands can now collide and that I can guest blog about something that will help others make positive, healthy choices.
My name is Lisa Byerly, Owner of Lift.Eat.Live LLC. I became a Certified Personal Trainer in February 2013, thanks to the encouragement of my husband. For many years I struggled with my weight and would try different “fad” diets. Sure, I lost some weight – but, eventually I gained it all back…sometimes, more than I lost. It was time to draw the line.
I took charge of my health – making changes toward a healthier, more active lifestyle. I lost over 110 pounds and have managed to keep it off for over 15 years now! Yes, there have been bumps in the road. No one is perfect. My journey has taught me so much and has led me toward a career that I am very passionate about! I love to inspire people and help them reach their health and fitness goals.
Making better choices for your health affects every aspect of your life! When you gain control and make these changes, it reflects in your overall well being. You become more productive in the workplace due to increased energy, you feel better about yourself which, in turn, creates more happiness and confidence – ultimately affecting your family and social life. Sometimes getting started can be VERY OVERWHELMING! There is so much conflicting information out there! Low fat?? Low Carb?? Cardio?? Weight Training?? Calories?? … UGH!!! Where do I start?!
The health and fitness industry is forever changing; it is not a one size fits all deal.
Everyone’s body is unique and beautiful! What works for one person may not work for you. There are, however, some guidelines I believe apply to all when getting started. Here are three tips to help kick start your journey toward a healthier lifestyle:
- Set your calorie and macronutrient goals for your body’s specific needs.
- Macronutrients are protein, carbohydrates and fat. Like I said earlier, these needs are different for each person. The days of restricting your calories to 1200 per day (for women) or 1500 per day (for men) are in the past. Feeding your body the correct amount of healthy food will give you the fuel you need to get through your busy day and enough energy to do your best!
- Set small, achievable goals.
- This is a good way to make your larger goals more attainable. If you feel like you have a large amount of weight to lose, looking at that number can be very overwhelming and out of reach. Set smaller weekly goals so that you do not get discouraged. And, when you hit your goals, reward yourself with something other than food. Maybe a new nail polish, or better yet, treat yourself to a mani/pedi or a massage!
- Do not be afraid to challenge yourself!
- You are much stronger than you think! Invite friends to do this with you. Form a club/group and go for walks together. Create challenges for each other. Share recipes, encourage each other. Fitness and a healthy life style can be fun!
If you have a day that you eat badly or simply do not feel like working out…it happens! We are all human. Wake up the next day with a new outlook, take “a breath of fresh air,” and put your priorities in order – YOU are a priority!
Getting yourself to a healthy place physically will clear your mind and help make you a happier person all around! I will be here to assist you every step of the way if you need me. We can set your calorie and macronutrient needs to achieve your health and fitness goals. We can discuss meal planning and ideas – even create workouts to help you reach those goals faster.
Please feel free to contact me anytime at the information listed below!
Have a Healthy Day!
Lisa, Owner of Lift.Eat.Live LLC